Shannon Tomlinson, Yiwei Wang, Manasa Rath, Jiqun Liu, Dongho Choi, and Roberto Gonzalez-Ibanez presented their research during the President’s Reception Featuring Posters:
● Using Low-cost Electroencephalography (EEG) Sensor to Identify Perceived Relevance on Web Search. Roberto I. González-Ibáñez, Maria Escobar-Macaya and Manuel Manriquez.
● Perceptions of Accessibility and Usability by Blind or Visually Impaired Persons: A Pilot Study. Shannon M. Tomlinson.
● Exploring Support for the Unconquerable Barriers in Information Seeking. Yiwei Wang and Chirag Shah.
● Information Worth Spreading: An Exploration of Information Sharing from Social Q&A to Other Social Media Platforms. Jiqun Liu and Yiwei Wang.
● Deconstructing the Failure: Analyzing the Unanswered Questions within Educational Q&A. Manasa Rath and Chirag Shah.
● E-inclusion or Digital Divide: An Integrated Model of Digital Inequality. Biyang Yu and Ana Ndumu, Florida State University; Jiqun Liu; and Zhenjia Fan, Nankai University, China.
● What Social Media Data Should I Use in My Research?: A Comparative Analysis of Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, and the New York Times Comments. Dongho Choi, Ziad Matni and Chirag Shah.
● Which Team Benefits from Collaboration?: Investigating Collaborative Information Seeking Using Personal and Social Contextual Signals. Dongho Choi, Chirag Shah and Vivek Singh.
● Yiwei Wang and Manasa Rath received their student travel awards during the SIG USE SymposiumDongho Choi
● Best Presentation Award, Doctoral Consortium at the 39th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2016), Pisa, Italy, 2016
● SIGIR Student Travel Grant, ACM SIGIR, 2016Long Le
● Best Student Paper Award for paper: Evaluating the Quality of Education Answers in Community Question-Answering, 2016 Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) Conference, Newark, NJManasa Rath
● SIG USE Travel Award to the 2016 ASIST conference in Copenhagen, DenmarkYiwei Wang
● SIG USE Travel Award to the 2016 ASIST conference in Copenhagen, Denmark
● Scholarship, the Distinguished Tefko Endowed Fund, School of Communication and Information, Rutgers University
● Scholarship, ELIAS (Evaluating Information Access Systems) ESF Research Networking Programme, 2015
● Doctoral Student Research Methods Training Award, School of Communication and Information, Rutgers UniversityKaitlin Costello
● Aspiring Investigator, NSF Smart Connected Health ProgramJiquin Liu
● National Scholarship Recipient
● Academic Elite at Peking University
● Excellent Award at the PKU Design CompetitionZaid Matni
● SC&I Scholarship Award, School of Communication and Information, Rutgers University
● Award from the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) for the 15th ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) at their Doctoral Consortium, Knoxville, TN, 2015Vivek Singh
● Distinguished Achievement in Research Award, Library and Information Science Department, Rutgers University
● Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Award, NSF Smart Connected Health Program
● Thomson Reuters Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Award, American Society for Information Science & TechnologySunyoung Kim
● Invited to participate at the Rising Stars in EECS, University of California, BerkeleyJiquin Liu
● Excellent Volunteer at the ICPE, December 2014
● Excellent Graduate, Nankai UniversityZaid Matni
● Social Media Expo Team Finalist Award from the iConference 2015, Newport Beach, CA
● Outstanding Research Practicum Display Award, School of Communication and Information, Rutgers University
● Research Fellowship from the National Scientific FoundationKaitlin Costello
● Thomas Reuters Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Award, International Library & Information Science Studies Honor Society
● Carnegie Fellowship, UNC- School of Information and Library Science
● Future Facutly Fellow, UNC- Center for Faculty ExcellenceSunyoung Kim
● Selected to participate in the Human Computer Interaction SymposiumJiquin Liu
● Tianjin Municipal Government Scholarship recipientZaid Matni
● Rutgers School of Communication and Information Academic FellowshipJonathan Pulliza
● Michael Hooker Fellowship in Applied NetworkingChirag Shah
● SIG USE Best Poster Award for the ASIST 2013 poster: Kitzie, V., Choi, E., & Shah, C. (2013). From Bad to Good: An Investigation of Question Quality and Transformation. Poster presented at the Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIST) Annual Meeting. Montreal, QC, Canada.
● Association of Information Science and Technology (ASIST)’s James M. Crestos Leadership Award.Vivek Singh
● 1st prize for predicting crime patters in London in Datathon on “Big Data for Social Good” organized by O2, MIT, Telefonica and Open Data Institute, at Campus Party, London